Personal Injury Lawsuits in Austin, TX
Our Personal Injury Practice Areas
Individuals can seek compensation after accidents by filing a personal injury claim. Most personal injury claims in Texas are based on the theory of negligence, which requires individuals to establish that the at-fault party owed them a duty of care and breached this duty, leading to their injuries and other damages. Thanks to Chris Morrow’s decades of experience as a litigator, he is able to properly develop your case so nothing falls through the cracks. It is important in every case to have a strong foundation that includes proper, consistent treatment with medical professionals that genuinely care about getting you better before any demand is made upon an insurance company. Thus, ensuring that you get the compensation you deserve.
Individuals can be wrongly harmed in a variety of accidents, including:
- Bicycle accidents: Bicyclists can be seriously harmed or maimed when they’re struck by drivers, whether they’ve been cut off in the bike lane or have been hit in a parking lot.
- Car accidents: Most car accidents are caused by negligence on the part of drivers. Drivers are supposed to be focused on the road and alert at all times, but when they’re texting or impaired after drinking, they increase the risk of getting into an accident and put everyone around them in danger.
- Catastrophic injuries: Some injuries are severe enough to lead to long-term effects, and many can be permanent and reduce your quality of life. From paralysis to brain damage to serious burns, catastrophic injuries can be painful and cost hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical treatment.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcyclists can suffer debilitating injuries when they’re thrown from their bikes in accidents and as a result of lacking seat belts and airbags.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrians can be harmed by oncoming drivers when crossing the street or walking on the side of the road. Drivers are required to stop for pedestrians, but unfortunately this duty is often breached.
- Premises liability: If you’ve slipped and fallen in a building or on public property, chances are someone can be at fault for your injuries. Property owners are expected to maintain their premises and fix any glaring issues like spills or broken stairs.
- Product liability: We expect the products we purchase and use to be safe, but sometimes a mistake is made during design or manufacturing, or the product fails to warn consumers of its dangers.
- Truck accidents: Trucks can cause serious damage because of their size and weight, and truck drivers and their companies can both be held financially responsible for injuries and damages. Some drivers cause accidents because of fatigue after driving for long periods of time.
- Work injuries: Injured in the workplace? You may be entitled to seek compensation through a claim, whether you’ve been injured by heavy machinery on a construction site or have fallen in your office.
Also Helping Families File for Wrongful Death
In addition to helping individuals file personal injury claims, we also represent families of loved ones who have passed away from their injuries or in accidents. Individuals who die leave behind damages like medical bills, funeral expenses, lost income, and other non-economic damages that families are expected to pay. Attorney Chris Morrow can advocate for you because you deserve to be spending this time with your loved ones – not worrying about your future.
What Damages Can You Recover in a Claim?
As if your injuries weren’t stressful enough, the resulting damages can add up to a startlingly high amount. Fortunately, our lawyer believes that victims of accidents shouldn’t have to pay for their bills and can work to get the full amount of compensation that is needed to cover all your costs.
Damages we can recover include:
- Emergency medical bills, including ambulance rides, hospitalization, surgery, and medication
- Future medical costs like physical therapy, equipment, and nursing care
- Lost wages or income
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering (past and future)
- Diminished quality of life
- Burial or funeral costs
- Loss of companionship or guidance
Call us for in-depth legal services in Spanish or English at (512) 641-5232. We’re available 24/7 to answer your questions and meet with you if you’re in Austin or elsewhere in Texas.